Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Buoy

The singer howls, guitars thunder and I am hit by more wind. I see it coming, the dark catspaws running across the water at me. My forward momentum is stopped cold but I grit my teeth and add more crunch to the paddle stroke. Music urges me onward. The “breeze” is stronger than predicted and the runoff does not help against the incoming tide. Another song starts. My brain is filling with sound which translates into energy and I grind onward. When the endorphins kick in this will be one of the most fun days I have had on the water in a while.

2 comments:

Ami Chitwood said...

Hey Hugh - I wanted to thank you for the grip assistance the other weekend when we saw you at the shop. I took the opportunity yesterday to work on my lower hand placement on the SUP paddle - made all the difference.

Thanks so much!

Ami

Hugh said...

Ami,

Glad I was able to help!

-Hugh