Friday, January 9, 2009

Joy

Bliss isn’t it…that seems to be far too relaxed. Ecstatic isn’t it…that seems far too jangled. Joy will have to be it then though there is quite a bit riding on a word that is but three letters long. My friend’s child looked at me and held out a hand. He wanted me to follow him as he walked around the room. This was a skill he was just mastering and wanted to share. There was the pride of “look what I can do” along with the “this is absolutely amazing” blended with the enjoyment of “share this moment with me”. All of these things were expressed in his smile, giggle and the way his feet pumped as he pushed the cart that helped him stay upright. There was no filtering the joy. His parents are kayakers, I can’t wait to see the look on his face when he starts to master that.

No comments: