Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Karma

Every once in a while I experience what turns out to be a truly backhanded karmic experience. In the past two weeks or so I have experienced a precipitous drop in my IQ. It manifests itself as a series of mistakes in the course of my non-kayak job. Nothing earth shattering, just silly little “Oh, why did I do that?” types of things that are embarrassing. They become especially obvious when they are strung together as they have been.

Initially I thought it was backlash for feeling brilliant about recent perfomance on a project. It is not the first time I have brought myself down in such a fashion and it always sucks. However, while wallowing in a pool of shame this morning I realized that this didn’t happen while I was at Osprey. The style of mistakes I am making would drive Sam and Carl up a wall and lead to some awkward decisions on the water.

So, back to the backhanded karmic experience…yes I am currently experiencing poor intellectual performance in a very public way, but at least it isn’t while I am kayaking. I wonder what I did to get a save like that! All I know is that I won't be getting on the water again until I get this sorted out.

No comments: